Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Day 23

Today was the first running day of my 4th week of training and although I didn't get enough sleep again last night, I felt great out there this morning. It was about 57 degrees and a little bit windy, but luckily it wasn't too bad. I continue to feel better and better out there and I think my pace is starting to show that. Today was my slow day in which I was trying to keep my heart rate around the low to mid 160's which I did for the most part, though I kind of surged at the end and it got up to a max of 183. The run ended up being 3.00 miles in 30:28 for an average pace of 10:09. My average heart rate was 163 bpm.

I am getting faster and I was interested in a comparison in my progress in just a week (since this is my 2nd Tuesday easy run since I got the Garmin and have heart rate data to show similar effort) and was happy with what I found. On 6/2, my pace was avg. heart rate was 161 bpm and my pace was 10:29/mile. So, today I improved my pace by 20 seconds/mile and my avg heart rate was within 2 bpm.

0 comments:

Post a Comment