Saturday, May 30, 2009

Day 13

I was really kicking myself this morning when I woke up for working for 12 hours in the yard yesterday. I was sore all over and could barely move getting out of bed, but after some stretching, and energy bar and a few cups of water, I got myself out on the road, though at a much slower pace. It was my "long run" day today and it called for 7 miles at an easy pace. My numbers were 7.00 miles in 1:20:57 for an average pace of 11:33/mile. My average heart rate was 164 bpm, which was right in the area it needed to be for this workout.

A funny thing happened to me during my run though. Since I was going so far, I brought a water bottle with my full of Gatorade. About 1.5 miles into my run, a little sparrow up ahead comes flying directly at my at about chest level. When he got about 5 feet from me, I jumped out of the way and he swerved the other way. Over the next 300 feet or so, he swooped down at me 4 more times trying to grab at the water bottle in my hand. I don't know if it was the color the bottle (neon green) or what, but he finally flew back to the flock of other birds on the power lines and left me alone.

1 comments:

Sarah MomE25 said...

LOL! That is so great. I wonder what other running adventures you will have.

Post a Comment