Thursday, May 28, 2009

Day 11

Today was a crazy day. My oldest son had surgery to repair a Ventral Hernia, so I wasn't able to run early in the morning like I usually do. The surgery all went well and we came home, then my early Father's Day present came - a Garmin Forerunner 305. I love it because besides being much more accurate than Nike+, the additional data that it gives is great for my training (elevation info, heart rate monitor, 1000% better graphing data, etc.) But, by the time I was able to get out to run, it was almost 7pm and it was about 83 degrees, much hotter than the 55 it has been when I run in the morning. I downed an energy gel (I tried a new one, Honey Stinger brand - too thick and sticky for my tastes) and a glass of water and headed out. The training program calls for an easy run on Thursdays, so I intended to keep somewhere around a 10:30-11 minute pace, but the heat and sun was really getting to me the further I went into the run. I ended up running 3 miles in 33:19 for a pace of 11:06/mile and an average heart beat rate of 165 (with that heat, it kept climbing until it peaked at 185 bpm at the end of the run).

I haven't been able to find a similar running widget like I post with the Nike+ runs, but here is a link to the workout, it's amazing all of the additional data that I get with my Garmin.
http://connect.garmin.com/activity/6237468

0 comments:

Post a Comment