Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Day 51 and 52

I took the last 2 days off as well to see if I can get rid of this pain. Sarah suprised me today and took me to Salt Lake Running Company to get me an early Anniversary present - The Marathon Stick. It's for massaging my muscles after running and it helps push the lactic acid from your muscles which aids in your recovery. I also had a chance to talk to Seth Wold who helped me pick the right Stick model for me and gave me a lot of advice. I described my hip pain to him and found out it's my ITB. I had read that it might be my ITB, but because my knee hadn't hurt at all, I kind of blew it off before. Seth gave me advice on using the stick to help with my ITB. Seth Wold is currently the fastest Marathon runner in Utah - he ran a 2:22 marathon in winning Ogden this year. I always love going to Salt Lake Running Company instead of just going to a big sports chain store because the workers are all runners and I pick up a lot of great advise from them.

0 comments:

Post a Comment