Sunday, July 5, 2009

Day 48

Well, I got home late because our city puts on a fireworks show every year on the 3rd of July, so I got out later than I wanted to (about 7:30). Because of missing 2 long runs while I was hurt, then coming back during a step back week, today's run was 5 miles longer than my previous longest run during this training, so I once again ignored my pace and went purely by my heart rate because I didn't want to hurt myself. I knew that my little 20 oz water bottle wasn't going to be enough, so I strapped my 2 liter camelback full of powerbar endurance drink on and ran 12.0 miles in 2:21:33 for an average pace of 11:47. My average heart rate was 165. I was a little slower than I wanted, but I felt great at the end and made sure to do just about every stretch I could think of.

0 comments:

Post a Comment