Saturday, August 1, 2009

Day 76

If you were wondering, no I have not died. My IT Band flared up so bad that I could barely walk and I had to take a few weeks off to rest. I was so bummed out about it, that I kinda just blew off the blog. It finally started feeling better last week, so this past Monday I went out for a short run and there was little to no painm so I am getting back into the training. My hardest thing right now to do is slow down my pace, I keep going out at a much faster pace that I can sustain right now since the injury, so I have to keep catching myself and I have to focus on shortening my stride which helps keep my IT Band from hurting too much. Today is supposed to be a long run, but Sarah has got our whole day scheduled and planned already, so I decided to swap rest days and I will go out for the long run tomorrow, though it won't be the 16 miles that the plan calls for since I missed a few weeks, I will probably do 10-12. As long as I am feeling relatively well, I still plan on running the Provo River Half Marathon next Saturday. I really want to beat my 2:14:09 pace that I ran in it 2 years ago and I think I have a good chance at it this year as long as I can stay somewhat healthy between now and then.

0 comments:

Post a Comment