Wednesday, August 12, 2009

I just can't win

I've decided to do my weekday runs in the evening now because I am having too hard of a time waking up early enough to get the runs in now that I have to be to work by 7:30. So yesterday I was ready to do my run, then remembered that my Dad needed a ride to the Instacare to get another shot of antibiotics for his cellulitis. So I picked him up at 7, thinking it shouldn't take too long since he had already been seen the night before and just needed a 2nd shot. The Dr ended up thinking the cellulitis was still spreading, so she took more blood work to test and said that if his white cell count was higher, we'd need to take him to the ER. After waiting forever, the results came back and it had dropped, so he finally got his shot and I took him home. I didn't end up getting home until about 9:30, and I still needed to finish loading some things onto a computer that I am fixing for a friend at work, so I wasn't able to run at all. I am going to get my run in tonight no matter what, since it is 9 miles.

I am also thinking about running another half marathon coming up in a few weeks. I've got to get some longer runs in anyway, and this one is a fundraiser for an organization that provides financial assistance to families who have lost young children to cancer. They are closin the new Legacy Parkway and the entire race is on the parkway itself. They have a half marathon, 2 mile fun run and a 20 mile bike tour for any interested. Here is the info.

0 comments:

Post a Comment